AZ Firefighter’s Chili Cook Off – October 10, 2015
Join us at the Courthouse Square, Downtown Prescott, AZ
Besides helping a worthy organization and getting the opportunity to taste some of our Arizona firefighters’ best chili, we have fun for the whole family.
- Tour the fire trucks that will be on display from Prescott area fire agencies.
- Lots of good food and drink available! Hot dogs, sodas, chips, and more.
- Bring a pie for the pie auction! Bid on delicious pies!
- Free grilled hot dogs from Barrett Propane.
- The public speaks! Vote for YOUR favorite chili, and help choose the People’s Choice.
- FREE ADMISSION.
Prizes and trophies to the best chili cooks!
FREE ENTRY FOR COMPETING COOKS! Win cash prizes! Compete Solo or With a Team
The AZ Firefighter’s Chili Cook off invites competitors to create a Chili Cooking team and get cooking! Teams can consist of fire departments, businesses, families, organizations, and private individuals.
Cooking teams can bring in their chili pre-prepared, or cook on-site for bonus points!. Any type and flavor of chili is welcomed. Cooking teams should register by Wednesday, October 7 at 5:00 pm to enter.
- 1st Place Chili: $150
- 2nd Place Chili: $100
- 3rd Place Chili: $50
- People’s Choice: $200
- More info on teams and awards
FREE ENTRY FOR ALL COOKS
The public will vote for the “People’s Choice Winner”!
Events and Activities Schedules
Events open 11:00 am to 3:30 pm
- 8:00 am – 10:45 am: Chili booth set up.
- 10:45 am: Cooks meeting.
- 11:00 am – ’till the chili runs out: Serving of People Choice chili. Chili tasting open to the general public, and voting for the People’s Choice awards begin.
- 11:30 am: Pie Auction #1.
- 11:45 am: Judges meeting.
- 12:00 pm: Cooks turn in competition chili to judge’s table.
- 1:00 pm: Pie Auction #2
- 2:00 pm: Raffle prize drawings and winners announced (need not be present to win).
- When food runs out pm – Chili judging & people’s choice results announced.
- Free Grilled Hot Dogs from Barrett Propane.
- Fire Truck Tours: Area fire agencies will have fire engines on-site. Let kids get a close-up view and a little hands-on real fire engines and equipment.
- Chili Eatin’ and Votin’: After 11:00, the public will get to taste the chili and vote for their favorite! The People’s Choice awards are determined by you.
- Pie Auction:
- Bid on delicious pies. All proceeds go to help our cause.
- Pie auctions will be at 11:30 and 1:00.
- More Food and Refreshments: Food and drinks will be available all day during the event.